1. Introduction and General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- what information Media Avenue Ltd may collect about you;
- how Media Avenue Ltd will use information we collect about you;
- when Media Avenue Ltd may use your details to contact you;
- whether Media Avenue Ltd will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
The websites contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. What information will Media Avenue Ltd collect about me?
When you sign up to participate in or receive a service from the Hr NETWORK Jobs website, such as the magazine, events, live blogs and message boards or register with the single universal online registration system, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different web pages may ask for different personal information.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Media Avenue Ltd and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
Please note that sometimes on particular web pages we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information. When we do this we will specify further on these web pages why we are collecting your information and how we will use it.
3. How will Media Avenue Ltd use the information they collect about me?
Media Avenue Ltd will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Media Avenue Ltd may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for, (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made to the websites, including any content you provide,
- to personalise the way Media Avenue Ltd/Hr NETWORK content is presented to you (e.g. if we notice that the first thing you look at every day is the news in HR generalist areas, then we may present this information or a link to it on your homepage);
- IP addresses are used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use;
- to analyse and improve the services offered on Hr NETWORK Jobs e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
Where Media Avenue Ltd proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for your use other than as listed above.
4. When will Media Avenue Ltd contact me?
Media Avenue Ltd may contact you:
in relation to the functioning of any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that Media Avenue Ltd can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive further correspondence;
- in relation to any contribution you have made Hr NETWORK Jobs, e.g. on the Hr NETWORK message boards;
- to invite you to participate in surveys and events about Human Resource Functions (participation is always voluntary);
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this
Local pages will give you detailed information about how Media Avenue Ltd will contact you in relation to specific services.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Media Avenue Ltd won’t contact you for marketing purposes, or promote new services to you unless you specifically agree to be contacted for these purposes.
6. Will Media Avenue Ltd share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies). Generally, we will only use your information within Media Avenue Ltd. However, sometimes Media Avenue Ltd uses third parties to process your information. Media Avenue Ltd will require these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Media Avenue Ltd will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
7. Offensive or inappropriate content on the Hr NETWORK Jobs website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Hr NETWORK Jobs, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on hrnetworkjobs.com, Media Avenue Ltd may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Media Avenue Ltd reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any of the laws in the UK (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Media Avenue Ltd may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/Internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
8. What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to the Hr NETWORK website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
9. How long will Media Avenue Ltd keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Media Avenue Ltd or Hr NETWORK (SCOTLAND).
Where you contribute to Hr NETWORK Jobs Media Avenue Ltd will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
10. Can I find out what personal information Media Avenue Ltd holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Media Avenue Ltd holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We don’t charge for information requests however we will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
12. Here are the Terms & conditions of our current WIN a FREE iPad competition: The following rules (“Rules”) together with Media Avenue Limited (“Hr NETWORK Magazine“) general and competition terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) (which can be found at: www.hrnetworkjobs. com/ general-terms-conditions) apply to ‘A FREE Apple iPad Mini’ competition (“the Competition”) which will run from 01/03/2016 to 29/04/2016 (“the Duration”). The “Media Avenue” is Hr NETWORK Magazine/Website. Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have understood these Rules along with the Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them. The Terms and Conditions are available on request from the Media Avenue/Hr NETWORK. 1. Details of the Competition 1.3 To enter the Competition an Entrant must go online to www.hrnetworkjobs.com and register their details on Membership Registration. Online entry will open at 00:01am on the 01/03/2016 and close at 23:59pm on the 29/04/20161.4 Winner will be selected by selecting randomly from all those registered during this time. Please note that anyone registered between 01/02/16 will automatically entered in the draw. 1.5 Winner will be contacted by Lee Turner of Hr NETWORK/Media Avenue Ltd 2. Eligibility 2.1 Only those registering for Hr NETWORK website membership between 01/03/16 and 29/04/16 will be eligible to take part 3. Prize 3.1 Apple IPad Mini 3.2 The apple IPad Mini cannot be exchanged for another size/colour /model or cash substitute 3.2 Hr NETWORK/Media Avenue reserves the right to offer an alternative prize if iPad Mini is unavailable.