Insights strategy is to become irresistibly attractive to their chosen customers by investing in their people and their global Insights community. They are now looking to recruit a people director to lead the People function and be part of the executive team who will make this happen.
As People Director you will join an executive team fiercely committed to this aim. As they continue to grow their global business, the People Director will ensure we nurture their unique and special culture and help enable an amazing experience for our people. They truly intend to be extraordinary and they want someone who is innovative and bold with the passion and expertise to lead their People function and be part of the executive team who will make this happen.
What you’ll do to succeed
- As an Executive Director and a highly capable and fully contributing member of the Executive leadership team, be the people expert and contribute strategic input into the development of the Insights global business, strategy and goals.
- Provide visionary leadership to the People function and build a global people infrastructure which services our business, is cutting-edge, people-centric and nurtures our unique culture as we scale.
- Lead the development of a people vision and strategy which ensures we engage our people and delivers on our people goal where ‘everyone can say in their own way: I love this job and I love this company’ as well as enabling us to meet and exceed our industry recognised people metrics.
- Provide leadership and role model the highest standard of corporate governance in executing the duties of a company director
- Ensure we create an outstanding culture where our purpose and values are at the heart of what we do and where our unique culture become a significant competitive advantage
- Lead, in partnership with your executive colleagues, a fit for purpose organisational design that ensures continued scalability and sustainability
- Champion an inside out approach where we engage our people and create an amazing people experience which in turn create a legendary customer experience
- Fully embrace and integrate our customer proposition into our People Strategy so that the Insights culture, brand and experience become an outstanding testimonial for clients and are also recognised internationally
- Re-inforce ‘one insights’ through ensuring an aligned approach to the creation and implementation of global HR policy and through responsive, flexible, compassionate and collaborative HR business partnering
- A specific focus on leading all the people aspects of the recent acquisitions of the co-owned businesses through to full integration of one global Insights
- Leadership of a learning and development agenda that is innovative and leading-edge, inspiring our people to embrace continuous learning and perform at their best
- Ensure we develop our executives, senior leaders and managers’ capability to lead and manage in a fast growth, scaling organisation where change is constant
- Ensure we work in partnership with the new Insights Foundation to develop our corporate social responsibility portfolio
- Lead the creation of an employee brand that attracts top talent aligned to our culture and which reinforces the employee commitment to their journey with us
- Ensure we have culturally aligned, innovative, appropriate and robust processes for: global talent management, senior leader succession planning, recruitment and selection, performance management, and a total rewards and compensation approach which is congruent with our employee brand
- Accountable for the budgeting process for your area, aligned to global strategy and relevant business plans and focus on establishing proper metrics, reporting, systems and processes
- Lead and manage additional strategic projects which are required by the Chief Executive/Executive at any given time
- Establish a high level of credibility as a thought leader in your field and manage strong working relationships with external HR associations, learning partners, the Insights network, suppliers and customers
- Embedding and operationalising global strategy with a pragmatic, accessible and service driven mind-set
How you’ll do this
- Cultivate a culture of high performance focused on delivering outcomes and passionate about creating a legendary employee experience for our people
- Act as a thought-leader in demonstrating return on investment making the clear link from investing in our people to becoming irresistibly attractive to our chosen customers
- Possess an intimate knowledge of working in a people function with extensive operational skills
- Be familiar with leading and working in a global environment in cross functional teams
- Excellent experience in planning and bringing a strategic mind set
- Inspirational leadership of self and others in a complex matrix environment
- Inspired by our purpose, values and brand
- Create a culture and environment where innovation flourishes
- Role-model a collaborative approach to achieving results through the effective leadership of internal stakeholders at all levels
- A credible, confident, caring and engaging approach
- A bold and creative thinker
What you’re great at
- Being a superb business leader with proven business results
- Being responsible for global people strategy and leadership with excellent commercial acumen
- Demonstrable experience and capability in both developing and implementing strategy
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, operational management, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Collaborating and partnering with stakeholders in other regions and functions, representing voice of employee and demonstrating commercial judgement
- Self-aware and committed to personal development & development of others
- Rigorous critical thinking and ensuring empowerment and accountability is in place, challenging the status quo appropriately when required
- Well-developed numeracy and literacy skills
- Track record of execution and delivery against stretching global strategic objectives
- Ability to build, maintain and continuously develop teams, structures and robust processes to support delivery of objectives
- Highly competent at presenting to senior audiences