Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Aegon is an international provider of life insurance, pensions and asset management. With over £870 billion of assets under management, we have businesses in over 25 countries around the world and around two million customers in the UK.
At Aegon it’s our mission to help the UK achieve a lifetime of financial security. We’ve led the way in innovation that can make people’s financial assets work smarter as well as harder. From online technology that gives one-stop access to a universe of investment opportunity – to retirement products that make wealth planning simple, easy and fulfilling – we’re dedicated to getting people closer to their financial goals every day.
As Payroll Specialist you will have an eye for detail and be responsible for overseeing all day-to-day operational process activities within the Payroll Team. Our organisation is a fast paced multi-faceted company and key to success in this role will be managing multiple priorities, supporting the team in contributing to continuous improvement and processing payroll in line with regulation and internal frameworks.
Our payroll function oversees the processing of approx. 2500 employees across three Aegon Group entities: – Aegon UK, Kames Capital (Aegon Asset Management) and Aegon Global Technology (AGT). The payroll is complex and manages multiple elements of reward including annual bonus, salary increases and ensuring accurate deductions for employees on our salary sacrifice pension scheme.
As a payroll specialist you will provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers. You will provide specialist advice and guidance in respect of all payroll processes, HMRC legislation, statutory compliance and company policy. You will be responsible for implementing legislative, compliance and company policy changes.
Your primary role is to ensure you process, administer and ultimately deliver all elements of AUK, Kames, AGT and Cofunds payroll and benefits cycle for all payrolls including:
- Processing of all elements of payroll and benefits
- Reporting requirements for internal, TAX(HMRC) as required
- Accurate recording and reporting of SOX controls
- Analysis, interface and BACS transmissions to ensure the accurate and timely payment to employees
In addition, you will be responsible for requirement gathering, business case development and ultimately ensuring all system changes made by our HR teams that impact payroll and benefits records are accurate and adhere to HMRC/employment legislation.
Other key responsibilities include manual calculations, performing complex over-write adjustments to pay and benefits, accurately calculate and apply SSP, SMP, etc according to guidelines and provide expert payroll advice on HR projects and initiatives including benefit changes, organisational restructures, TUPE etc.
- Highly numerate
- Attention to detail, accurate and precise in execution of work
- Capable of working to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Knowledge of legislation surrounding Payroll, including PAYE, NI, pensions, employment and data protection legislation.
- Knowledge of the taxation of company provided benefits and the subsequent reporting through P11d and PSA.
- Experience of a Payroll and Benefits function (or similar) in a high volume environment.
- Hands on experience of HMRC statutory reporting for RTI, P11d etc.
- Strong advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office(Excel and Word)
- Essential knowledge of Oracle payroll system(People Gateway)
- Desirable knowledge of Workday System
- CIPP Foundation in Payroll Administration (or equivalent) is desirable
- Closing date: Sunday 21 June – Midnight
How will we reward you?
This is a full time role and salary will be competitive dependent on experience. In return, we can offer you a range of financial services benefits including:
- Non-contributory Pension 8% to 12% dependant on age
- Annual holiday entitlement is 25 days, plus 9 public holidays
- We operate a system of flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits including private health care, income protection and life assurance with additional voluntary benefits available
- Free on-site multi-story car park
- On-site gym facilities
Additional Job Description:
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.